Applications for the Taiwan Ceramics Biennale which is held by New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum started on March 1 and will continue until August 31, 2023. The Grand Prix in the Biennial, which is open to participation of ceramic artists from all over the world, is 1 million New Taiwan Dollars, approximately 650 thousand TL.
The Taiwan Ceramics Biennale which is held by New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum under the supervising of Ministry of Culture began looking for international submissions in 2004. By initiating dialog between Taiwan’s ceramics community and the rest of the world, the biennale has gained esteem and attention from the world’s ceramics communities. It is one of the most exciting cultural events in New Taipei City and in the world. The 2024 Taiwan Ceramics Biennale continues to uphold its initial missions. We are inviting passionate artists to reach new heights of creativity and to contribute to the fields of ceramics, contemporary art and culture.
Event organizers are Ministry of Culture (Supervisor), New Taipei City Government and Cultural Affairs Department (Organiser) and New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum (Executive Organiser).
For the applications there are no restrictions on nationality or age. Ceramic artists from all over the world are encouraged to participate. The registration is free and online only. Applications which started on March 1, will continue until August 31, 2023.
For information and registration links:
Levels of awards are:
- The Grand Prix (1 piece): a prize of NT$1,000,000, as well as NT$500,000 (Maximum) funding for a solo exhibition production and the winner signs a separate agreement with the Yingge Ceramics Museum to must produce a solo exhibition before the end of 2027; a certificate and a trophy.
- Gold Award (1 piece): NT$600,000, a certificate and a trophy.
- Silver Award (1 piece): NT$400,000, a certificate and a trophy.
- Bronze Award (1 piece): NT$250,000, a certificate and a trophy.
- Special Mentions (9 pieces): NT$50,000 and a certificate (each).
- Jury’s Recommendations (7 pieces): a certificate (each).
- Selected Works (approximately 60 pieces): a certificate of selection (each).